2 in 1 Christmas Goodies (Recipe + Printable Inside)
I am soooo celebrating Christmas this year. Not with a tree, unfortunately. No tree for us this year, but what we lack in pine aromatherapy + lights + over-the-top ornaments we compensate for in spirit.
The house smells like Holiday magic thanks to the eight batches of Banana + Dark Chocolate Granola I made to gift the people who have put up with us all year. It’s one of our most cherished family traditions, making our own homemade granola + giving it away as favors for “muy importante” occasions. It taste absolutely divine + it’s vegan + gluten/refined sugar/junk product free.
At least my man’s pack is ready for dispatch.
Let’s interrupt today’s Christmas special so you can steal this must-make recipe, shall we?
- 3 cups certified gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch of pink salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon pure raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a large bowl combine oats + almonds + pecans + cashews + pumpkin seeds + salt.
In a separate bowl add honey + coconut oil + vanilla + bananas. Use your hands to mic the ingredients completely smooth.
Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture + combine well, using your hands until everything is well coated.
Place the granola in a long baking tray + lay out flat.
Place in the middle of the oven + bake for 25 minutes, checking 3 times to turn the granola over with a wooden spoon.
Allow to cool completely before adding the chocolate pieces + storing in a container.
Serve with organic yogurt or almond milk.
Moving on Granola Monster.
As promised, I’m playing Santa + giving away presents each week of December. If you missed my Holiday Gift Tags last week you can snatch em’ right here.
This week I made you another sweet printable to help you tap into your deepest wants + heart fueled desires. Disguised as a cute download, this All I Want for Christmas List will help you celebrate + acknowledge what makes you twinkle. without feeling guilty or ungrateful for what you do have + what you’ve already accomplished.
So, if I may ask, What do you want for Christmas?
- I want to let go of my need to control + perfect to have the courage to enjoy what is now.
- I want a Hello Kitty toaster.
- I want to increase my tolerance for mess.
- I want to give up sugar, oh Santa please!
- I want learn calligraphy to up my illustrated quote game.
- I want to a pink medicine ball as desk chair. Six pack 2014 is the year.
- I want to learn to crush bad days with red lipstick + fake eye lashes. Pow!
- I want to get my notepads into Anthropologie. There I said it.
- I want to make beautiful babies with hubby. Bonus if they look like him.
- I want to give give give the world E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
Your turn. Share your All I Want for Christmas List in the comments below + on social media using the hashtag #heartmadechristmas + tagging me @mayicarles.
This little challenge will come in handy in a couple of weeks when we discover how to match soul with to-do declarations + explore our goals for the new year together, so don’t skip it thinking it’s silly to dream big.