These chickpea croquettes, popularly known as “falafels”, are my current obsession. They’re seasoned to perfection with Indian spices + baked for the health conscious in the crowd. Do I hear an Amen?
And did I mention they’re vegan + gluten free? Oh yeah baby! That’s the part that makes me smile the most because it’s another dish I can whip out when my partner in crime April Bowles-Olin comes to visit (aka work-ation).
- 3/4 cups sprouted chickpeas, ground in the food processor
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds, finely ground
- 3/4 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients + mix thoroughly. Using an ice scream scoop, form the mixture into medium size balls. Bake for 20-30 minutes of until golden. For a raw version, dehydrate at 100 degrees for approximately 32 hours.
Let me know if you try em’.