Bullet Proof Your Goals
Alert: Goal setters + resolutionists + list makers + organizers + planners, this one’s for you! And to all non-goal oriented folks out there, I invited you too to tag along, you might get converted!
I freaking love this time of year because it’s a period of reflection + introspection + making kick ass plans for the year ahead. The problem is 33% of people will break their New Years resolution by the end of January + 75% of by the end of 3 months (according to Franklin Covey Co.) + this makes me shiver inside!
You see, in case you haven’t already noticed, I’m an avid optimist + improvement fanatic + super ambitious goal setter. I like to see things get done (lots of things) – dreams getting made + goals getting check-marked + not just for myself, but for others as well. I want you to experience an epic life + help you stick to your goals.
To make this happen, I’ve designed a bullet proof system that gets massive results. A method that takes goals from the dream station to the action workshop. And I’m sharing it with you! Why? Because I want your 2011 + beyond to be fantastic, not just “pretty good”, I’m talking extraordinary here!
Join me, as I take you step by step through my Bullet Proof Your Goals System – a simple + actionable + fun exercise that works like a charm.
step by step
1. Write your goal. Close your eyes + tune in to your heart + listen to what it truly desires. Paint a mental picture of your dream + write it down in future tense. This is your goal. Hold down to it + imagine what it would be like to reach it!
2. Break it down. Write down exactly what you want to accomplish. Get specific. You want to define exactly what you want to see accomplished. The idea is to transform your abstract goal into actionable + quantifiably + concrete objectives + outcomes.
3. State the purpose. To light your fire + ignite motivation + increase your chances of success, you have to know why achieving this goal is important to you. Find a compelling + emotional reason why you want your goal so bad. A goal without a supporting purpose will not have much power to drive you to action!
4. Prove it. You have to know + prove that reaching your goal is attainable + something you can do, otherwise you are not likely to give it your best effort. Listing your reasons empowers you to bring your goal much closer to reality.
5. Make it actionable. You must have an action plan if you are going to reach your goal. Write down what needs to happen in order to make your objective a reality. The point is to make your steps so small + manageable that you can check them off relatively fast + feel the accomplishment + success + motivation to get your through. I recommend keeping your list in handy so you can see your progress + visualize your finish line.
Your worksheet should look something like this:
Now, before you exist this page please:
1. Download my Bullet Proof Your Goals Guide.
2. Print it + pin it to your main office wall or save it as your desktop wallpapaer (at least for a little while), so it serves you as a guide + reminder.
3. Take out a sheet of paper + make your own Bullet Proof Your Goals Worksheet or purchase your very own here (this link takes you to my Life is Messy Planners, which include this sheet + many other awesome organizational resources). Do whatever you need to take action + experience an epic life.
4. Start now. Please do something today, no matter how small. Take some action that gets you closer to victory. It can be a tiny step like sending an e-mail or huge action like organizing your office space to make it more inspiring. Whatever it is, stick to it!
5. If you have a friend that might benefit from reading this post, please share it. Let’s spread the word for a good cause.
6. Enjoy your happy weekend, as you rejoice in knowing that never again will one of your dreams will be abandoned!