DIY Napkin Flower
Last week, as I was dusting away the kitchen counter + getting rid of some expired items in my cabinet, I stumbled upon some colorful party napkins from God knows when + I could help but put together this festive DIY Napkin Flower tutorial, perfect for any occasion.
These pom-pom-like flower napkins can easily be customized to fit any color scheme + theme. Mine are perfect for Cinco de Mayo, don’t you think? I should probably make some more + invite some friends over for some chips + guacamole + fajitas. Yummy!
Well if you want to learn how to make them, here’s how:
For this project you’ll need:
- 4 napkins of one color
- 1 napkin to contrast
- Thread or string
- Wood stick
- Silicon glue
step by step
After gathering your materials…
1. Unfold your napkins + lay them flat, one on top of the other.
2. Grab contrasting napkin + cut one inch out.
3. Unfold contrasting napkin + lay flat on top of the others.
4. Make 3/8 inch accordion folds.
5. Hold your according in the center.
6. Use a string to tie a knock in the center.
7. The secured according looks like this.
8. Trim ends into a rounded shape.
9. Cut off a triangle in the middle for extra spice.
10. Do it in both sides.
11. Delicately separate the layers of the napkin.
12. Pull each layer towards the center.
13. Cover each gab so the flower looks full like this.
14. Insert the wood stick at the back + secure with tape.
15. Cover your work with a piece of napkin.
16. Voila! Your party is ready to start!
If you give this DIY Napkin Flower tutorial a try, please let me know how it goes + bonus points if you send me pictures.
In the near future, I’ll also be adding my DIY TV segment videos. Although these clips will be in Spanish, I’m sure more than a handful of you would really love to see them, so that’s coming too.
Please feel free to let me know you thoughts + ideas. Your input sure helps me tons to make things perfect for you.