Loosing teeth is always such a momentous occasion -a rite a passage signifying an important part of growing up. My son was more ready than I was when he lost his first tooth and to help us celebrate I created this little pouch. Six Tooth Fairy visits later -his pouch is still his favorite tooth keeper!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Wool blend felt from Benzie (I used Parchment and Fern)
- Fusible webbing
- Tooth pattern
- Sewing machine (not pictured)
step by step
After gathering your materials…
1. First, iron on a small piece of fusible webbing to the parchment felt. This will be for the tooth.
2. Cut out the tooth from the Parchment felt and a 2 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ rectangle of the Fern colored felt using the provided pattern.
3. To make the felt pouch fold over one side to make the bottom pocket. Sew.
4. Fold over the top flap about a half an inch above where the pocket opening ends. Sew.
5. Iron on felt tooth.
6. And there you have your very own tooth fairy pouch!
Renae Bradley is the owner of Benzie and Benzie Bazaar – a shop filled with yards of beautiful Merino wool blend felt. When she isn’t packaging up Benzie rainbows she enjoys spreading fairy dust and good cheer to her two children; who still believe in Tooth Fairies and magic. Visit her blog or connect with Renae via facebook or twitter.