Do A Friend Check
In recent years, I’ve noticed a pattern amongst happy people making a living doing work they love on their own terms:
- They are more likely to seek help.
- They have a support system available to them.
- They are connected with others, such as family or close friends.
Test it out for yourself. Next time you see someone who radiates positivity + is totally crushing being #girlboss, ask them:
- Do you seek help?
- Do you have a support system?
- Are you close to family + friends?
I bet my vintage toy cash register they answer YES to all three questions. Heck, I bet my panda slippers.
If you’re struggling to quiet your monkey brain + find inner Kung Fu Panda peace, here’s what you need to do:
You know it. When in doubt, do a friend check. Mayi’s orders.
In the comments, I would love to know:
- Who was the last person you reached out to when you needed refuge from your Apocalyptic brain chatter. Did it help?
- Who was the last person you helped out by giving solicited advise. How did you feel?
Thanks for stopping by. I do a happy dance every time I see your avatar pop up. I swear.
PS: Want to test drive Life is Messy Bootcamp® for a whole month for only $2.23 a day? Now you can with a Flashpass ticket. Click here to learn more!