Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012
Well hello hello first post of 2012!
And howdy new you!
Aren’t you excited about all the abundance + potential that’s coming your way in 2012? It sure feels freaking-amazing to have a calendar-catalyzed opportunity to pause + recharge + start over, isn’t it?
Control + Alt + Delete. Let’s try again.
I like the sound of that every 365 days.
But before restarting the engine, I want to give 2011 it’s proper Hasta La Vista Baby ceremony.
Here I go!
I want to say goodbye to worrying about the future, knowing that worrying is as effective as trying to drive while twitting + applying lip gloss + eating a cupcake all at once.
I say hello to the beautiful messiness that results from letting go + becoming vulnerable + accepting change.
I want to say goodbye to giving haters the time of day, knowing that they’re just secretly oh so jealous. Buahaha ha!
I say hello to deliberately choosing to focus all of my energy on staying creative + positive + focused on the projects that make me happy.
I want to say goodbye to jealousy, knowing that jealousy is only a reflection of my own insecurities.
I say hello to my own personal race. Sometimes I’m ahead. Sometimes I’m behind. The race is long, but at the end the competition it’s only with myself.
I want to say goodbye to whining, knowing that it’s easy to get overwhelmed + feel victimized by a crazy schedule.
I say hello to being an artist + embracing the career path I’ve chosen.
I want to say goodbye to suffering, knowing that suffering is completely optional.
I say hello to happiness instead + want to choose it every time.
With that being said + the ceremonial orchestra cueing my finale, I’ll share sneak bits of what’s coming your way this first month of 2012:
1. A T-Rex size project that goes by the names of Life is Messy Bootcamp, inspired by my famous Life is Messy Planners (ahem ahem, with more than 5 thousand copies sold to date + counting) designed to take your for your 2012 goals from “to do more” to “action gear”. The official launch is in just a few days, so please hold on tight! In the meantime, Life is Messy Planners 2.0 are temporarily available through this link for your organizational obsessive compulsive pleasures.
2. A brand new Mayi Carles e-commerce website. No more commission fees hip hip hooray!
3. A new line of personalized stationary with characters lovingly hand-drawn + painted by yours truly. This project has officially departed to the moon as we speak. Stay tuned as I gradually introduce more products in the coming weeks.
4. A design studio, where I’ll get to work with you one-on-one to make your super duper special projects a reality. A custom invitation + a personalized whimsical illustration + a one of a kind hair piece + or heck, your entire wedding court accessories, your pick. I’m so happy I finally made some space in my calendar to take on more elaborate + unique adventures.
5. Organizational note pads (that you can actually hug, I mean touch) are also making a grand entrance, just cuz I have so much fun making em’. Watch closely.
It’s all happening + I’m so excited to be sharing it all with you!
What projects, big or small have your heart racing like a speed car on turbo? What do you feel super inspired to create this year? Oh I’m dying to know. Tell me everything in the comments below!