Homemade Apple + Pear Chips
In an effort to leash my sweet tooth + keep my 30 Day Challenge promise, I’ve been whipping out some sweet snacks in the kitchen. This Apple + Pear Chips are by far, one of my favorites treats.
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- Using a mandoline or a very sharp knife, slice apple + pears into very thin translucent rounds. For best results, use slightly underripe fruits.
- Transfer the slices to trays.
- Sprinkled cinnamon to the apple slices. For an alternate taste try nutmeg.
- Dehydrate at 136 degrees for approximately 3 hours or until edges begin to ruffle. Turn slices over + continue dehydrating until brown, about 1 extra hour. I have a 4 tray Excalibur Food Dehydrator that I heart like a little kid loves cake, but if you don’t have this gadget at home don’t worry, just heat your conventional oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour, then turn chips + bake for an additional hour.
- Transfer chips to a wire rack to cool + harden. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
As you can see, these are sooooo easy to make + make perfect on-the-go picker uppers. Let me know when you take this recipe out for a spin.