In case you’re wondering, I’m due any day now!
How do I feel? Well, I’m alternating between crazy excitement about finally meeting baby O + crazy panic about OMG, we’re finally going to meet our little princess and they’re going to expect that we take her home and like, keep her alive n’ stuff.
Last night we went to bed at 2am picking out baby lullabies for Olivia. And David finally made his hospital bag. We’re making progress.
Speaking of progress, I’ve been working on Olivia’s nursery for a few months now. I wanted so badly to finish the room before our little girl arrives, but yesterday I realized: “This room is never gonna be COMPLETELY FINISHED” (Picture me inhaling deeply + exhaling like Drogon from Game of Thrones).
What is a recovering perfectionist to do? I decided to show you Olivia’s nursery anyways, the first of many tours, cuz done is better than perfect, right? Right? Riiiight?
If you’re a mom-to-be like me, or a newish mom who’s still shopping for baby essentials + nesting, I hope this post is somewhat helpful to you. David + I still haven’t tested things out, but after a ton of research + advice from family, close friends and readers, we feel confident Olivia will L-O-V-E her room + all the goodness hidden inside.
Hope you enjoy Olivia’s Nursery Reveal!
But first, let me show you some hideous “Before” pics of the abandoned room, which served the purpose of Room of Requirement (Harry Potter fans raise your hands up high) – a room that magically transformes itself into whatever the seeker needs in that moment in time. To use it you must walk past the area of the door three times, thinking of what you need.
For example, when my biz partner came to visit it was a guest room. Then it mutated into a home office for David. Later it morphed into a trash can… I mean a storage room.
Take a look.
Now, are you ready for the “After” shots? Come on in! No need to tippy-toe just yet, there is no sleeping baby inside just yet.
I wasn’t interested in having anything too theme-y or puke pink all over the walls, so I kept it simple with a hint of whimsical, with lots of happy creative things + personal touches made with love, some by yours truly, other by my very talented friends.
Shop the Room
- Bear Door Decal from The Gatherer Store
- Industrial Wooden Wagon Storage from Restoration Hardware Baby
- Daydream Green Wallpaper by Julia Rothman from Hygge & West
- You Got A Friend in Me Mixed Media Painting by Mayi Carles
- Wooly Plush Rocking Animal from Restoration Hardware Baby
- ABC Changer from Pottery Barn Kids.
- Hampen Rug from IKEA
- Whimsical Felt Mushrooms (custom made) by Felted Decorations
- Red Mushroom Ultrasonic Air Humidifier from Duux
- Domesticated Trinket Dish from Anthropologie
- SoundLink Color Bluetooth Speaker from Bose
- Pom Tassel Curtain from Anthropologie
- Speckled Wood Curtain Rod from Anthropologie
- Queen Bee Tieback from Anthropologie
- Bobby Pin Art Print by Rifle Paper Co.
- Single Ladies Art Print from United Thread
- Pink Pig Art Print by Cori Dantini
- Bear and the Bees Art Print by Becky Down
- Olivia Fabric Letters (custom made) by my super talented friend Jenny Perez Lee
- Fridusha Art Print by Mayi Carles
- And Then They Became Three Art Print by Mayi Carles
- Mini Felt Cactus Hoop by Mayi Carles
- You Are Our Bucket List Sign by Mayi Carles
- Love Tree Flag by Mayi Carles
- Two Mini Paintings (still in progress) by Mayi Carles
- Waiting for Olivia Photograph by Sarah Tyler
- Melon Rocking Chair “borrowed” from my mom – This was THE rocker my mom used to breastfeed me! Can you believe it? I just restored + painted it.
- Antique Brass Zinnia Handles from Anthropologie
- Parisian Side Table from Restoration Hardware Baby
- Cloud Pink Pillow from BlaBla
- Knit Cotton Pouf from Restoration Hardware Baby
- Sparrow Crib from Oeuf
- Gold Dot Bedding by The Land of Nod
- Felt Tassel Garland by Mayi Carles
- Star Wars Mobile by Pink Cheeks Studio
So, how did I do? I think I did pretty good for my first time. I’m really happy with how everything is coming together. Even wrapping up this post is making me cry tears of just the most overwhelming happiness. This is truly the HAPPIEST I’ve ever been in my whole entire life.
Thank you so much for sharing this special part of my life with me. It means so much to be able to put all of this out there so publicly + receive so much kindness back. I’m so grateful for your loving comments + e-mails + gifts in the mail. I feel so blessed to have you in my life… that you’re family. And very very very soon our tribe will be PLUS ONE!!!