Sea Bass with Tomato + Pine Nut Sauce
Last Friday I had the privilege of cooking this delicious meal with my life long friend Carolina Garcia, only the best professional chef I know + owner of Merecumbe Culinario. If you live in Panama City or ever find yourself here for vacations you gotta book a private home cooking lessons with her. Ohh boy! Carolina has the most exquisite recipes + such a talent for teaching!
And for today, exclusive to heartmade readers, Carolina is sharing her delicious “sofrito de tomate” or tomato sauce recipe with us, yaayy!
- 6 ripe tomatoes, peeled and cut into medium dice
- 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of paprika
- Heat a saute pan with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and cook over medium heat with salt until dry.
- Add pepper and a pinch of paprika.
- Pan seared sea bass + steamed cauliflower + toasted pine nuts + “sofrito de tomate”.
A huge thanks to my friend Carolina for sharing this recipe with us.