The Secret to Sticking with It! (Challenge Inside)
I’m in fully fiesta mode today – picking up the secret present + hiding it + making dessert, because Hubby’s turning 31 tomorrow. It’s not my Italian themed party but I celebrate if I want to, cuz if there’s something I love more than my own happy birthday is organizing my man’s day.
I suspect though that somewhere in-between tonights artichoke dip + panna cotta my monkey brain will take over + detour my clean diet until further notice. Maybe some Monday.
Good habits are darn hard to stick to, but breaking them only takes a Cinnabon… a snooze button… a crappy e-mail… a sprinkle to push you over the dark side of the force. Not fair indeed.
The good news is that I figured a way to stick with habits (the good kind) that doesn’t require a rocket science degree or freezing your credit cards Confessions of a Shopaholic style. My solution is insanely practical + not what you’d expect.
And keep your eyes + ears pealed for the outtakes. You would think that time + practice would teach me how to nail these vids in one take. Think again.
Do you want to start a 30 Day Challenge with me + the Heartmade gang? All you have to do to participate is:
- Commit to the challenge by clicking the “I Commit” badge below the video.
- Pick a habit you really want to nail + that will make you happier.
- Share your challenge with the family in the comments below.
- Record your progress with a printed calendar + red sharpie!
The nuts + bolts of the operation:
- Challenge kick-starts this Monday, March 11, 2013.
- It runs for 30 days straight.
- Use the hashtags #heartmade #30daychallenge to track your progress on social media.
- Bonus points for taking pictures of the journey + sharing of course. I’ll be doing the same from my Insta-house.
Our mission, which I’m assuming you’ll accept, is to build chains collectively. Let’s do this thing!