Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
When I need something special + yummy for breakfast that will fuel me up, without hurting my waistline I make this super delicious whole wheat blueberry pancake recipe. So perfect + hearthy, and David (my boyfriend) loves it + so extra bonus points!
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk, or more if necessary
- 3 tablespoons honey wheat germ (my secret ingredient)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- A pinch of salt
- Cooking spray (butter flavor)
- Light butter
- Light syrup
1. Sift together flour + baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg + milk + salt + wheat germ in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened + add blueberries + stir to incorporate.
2. Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat + spray with cooking spray. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn + continue cooking until golden brown.
3. Serve hot with 2 little tiny squares of butter + add your favorite syrup.
You may need to use more milk than 1 cup. The batter should be thin enough so that it pours, but not so thin that it’s runny. We find that 1/4 cup additional milk is about the maximum needed.
I hope you give this recipe a try. I’m sure that if you do you’ll love me so much for sharing it with you lol.