So, look. I get it. I get you’ve got a million things on your to-do, plus the billion other would-likes on your head.
I haven’t found the potion to take checkmark all your open items with the flick of a magic wand, but I think I’ve come up with the next best thing.
I call my miracle solution: TIME OUT!
NO! It looks nothing like the time out you give your kids when they have a tantrum.
NO! I’m talking about a #girlboss time out. Like a retreat. Or more like a work-cation.
Click play to learn more.
As promised, here’s a quick recap of the things you might want to check off your list while retreating (is that even a word?)
- Write the sales page draft.
- Make sure the product has a clear value proposition (Hint: What customers will be handing you money for.)
- Build the curriculum skeleton (i.e. program modules + book index + roadmap.)
- Decide the best way to present + package + position the content (i.e. e-book + download + e-course + membership site + self-paced program.)
- Write the darn thing. Free flow still. Don’t stop to correct or edit. Just write. You can edit after the ideas stop flowing.
- Illustrate any graphics that aid the written content.
- Design the layout of the product.
- Record videos + audios, if applicable.
- Create worksheets + PDF files, as needed.
- Proof read + quality check for errors + typos + easy-improvements. If possible hire a copy editor to revise.
- Create bonus material + incentives to make the offer extra irresistible.
- Create additional surprise rewards for early bird buyers + early adopters.
- Envision the experience you want your product to generate for buyers + non-buyers alike.
- Register + set up an exclusive domain for the product. Domains are really affordable, so you might want to get the .com + .net + .org too. I register my domains in GoDaddy.com
- Set up a special e-mail list + opt-in form for the product to collect leads for this specific offering. You can do this with your e-mail marking software like MadMimi.
- Prepare launch material.
- Write a short blurb that describes the product to give away to your affiliate partners + other media outlets.
- Rally up a team of ambassadors to help you promote the project.
- Create buttons + badges to help promote the project (i.e. sidebar ads.)
- Create a generous referral program to recruit strategic partners + brand apostles.
I hope this gives you the flexibility + structure you need to get major big audacious idea out into the world. And may the force be with you.
Sometimes you don’t need more time. Often times what you need is some time out for yourself + the project that’s in your head. Neglect it no more my friend.
It’s time for a projecation! A vacation where you make a project. Yee ha!
If you’re feeling brave I dare you to:
- Proclaim the passion project you will build in the next couple of months. The one what will be a dream no more.
- Commit to a retreat date + place right here, right now.
- Download your bonus Kick-Start Retreat worksheet… it’s totally FREE + no sign-up required.
So excited to hear about your retreat OMG!!!